This Fire Protection Instructor position is responsible for the delivery and coordination of instruction, facilitation of student learning, and the ongoing development of curriculum and learning strategies that meet the needs of students and employers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Success and commitment as a team player, including the ability to engage in win-win thinking and to foster consensus.
2. Flexibility in schedule, including availability for evening and weekend assignments.
3. Flexibility, including the acceptance of and willingness to change.
4. Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication with students, staff, employers and other external entities.
5. Proficiency in computer use and applications which support teaching and learning.
6. Highly motivated with strong interest in contributing to the success of students and the college.
7. Ability to work with diverse student, staff, and community populations.
8. Understanding and successful use of learning technology, both on-line and as a tool for distance education.
9. A record of innovations which will facilitate student learning.
10. Demonstrated development of course materials and assessments of student learning.
11. An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of courses.
12. Willingness to take risks and try new things.
13. Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
14. A commitment to the mission, purposes, and values of the college.
15. Current knowledge in the roles and responsibilities of emergency service organizations and personnel.
16. Knowledge of current trends and principles in emergency response.
17. Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of related agencies and personnel.
18. Ability to update instructional methods and materials and apply research studies in classroom, lab or fieldwork settings.
This position works onsite. It is the expectation that all employees comply and cooperate with the College’s emergency action plan and any rapidly changing protocols, as well any applicable government orders affecting the College’s operations. This includes adhering to safety protocols and using face coverings and personal protective equipment as applicable.