Essential Job Functions
1. Serve as FVTC linkage to businesses, governmentals, community agencies and educational institutions in the region.
- Determine programmatic and training needs in region through advisory committees, environmental scanning of the region, focus groups, and surveys.
- Provide direction for the development of active, involved advisory committees.
- Collaborate with Economic Development Managers and instructional divisions to develop/provide for business’ contract services in region.
- Serve as regional liaison for school-to-work programming (e.g., Youth Options, Youth Apprenticeship, Tech Prep) in cooperation with the School-to-Work Office.
- Serve as an FVTC representative to regional community-based organizations and/or activities in order to advance the mission of the College.
2. Coordinate instructional programming and curriculum.
- Provide overall coordination and support for regional educational programming for credit and non-credit offerings.
- Provide for the coordination of avocational programming and facilitate the development, modification and documentation of avocational curriculum which serve the needs of the region.
- Serve as regional liaison to instructional divisions to ensure consistency in the delivery of instruction, involving deans, associate deans, department chairs and faculty as appropriate.
- Assist with non-credit course development, curriculum review and modification..
- Monitor customer feedback in an effort to continuously improve services and ensure that student learning is assessed and documented.
- Oversee administration of admissions testing. Interpret scores for students.
- Serve as regional liaison to Student Services regarding program admission and enrollment.
- Provide advisement to students regarding courses, programs, shared programs, transfer credits and financial aid.
- Provide support to students and instructors regarding academic alerts.
- Foster and coordinate flexible course delivery options for the region.
3. Facilitate regional business and operational planning.
- Develop, prioritize, manage and monitor regional center budget.
- Develop, implement, monitor and adjust regional business plan for three-year cycles.
4. Manage regional operations.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies for regional offerings and services.
- Continuously monitor regional productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production by aid code, numbers served, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads and class sizes.
- Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate regional faculty and staff.
- Oversee regional registration process and collection of monies for course registration.
- Ensure that contracted cleaning and maintenance-related services are completed to FVTC standards and that equipment is operational.
- Arrange for rental of classrooms in region as needed to meet the needs of communities.
Secondary Job Functions
- Address student issues as appropriate.
- Participate on institutional committees, cross-functional teams, projects, task forces, etc.
- Promote involvement of students and staff in co-curricular student organizations.