Essential Job Functions
1. Coordinate instructional programming and curriculum.
- Manage focused areas of instructional programming and related staff as assigned.
- Provide overall coordination and support for division continuing education programming.
- Provide overall coordination and support for assigned contract services delivery.
- Provide overall coordination and ensure the development, modification, and documentation of division curriculum within state and district policy.
- Provide leadership to the development of new programming in the division.
- Actively lead and support student academic assessment strategies, ensuring that student learning is assessed and documented.
- Lead departments’ program evaluation through the Strategic Improvement Process (SIP) and accreditation processes, as applicable.
- Serve as the division liaison to all regional centers and campuses to ensure the development of, and consistency in, the delivery of instruction, involving department chairs as appropriate.
2. Provide leadership in developing flexible program and course delivery options for the division.
3. Assist in division-level planning, budget development, and budget management.
- Assist in developing, managing, and monitoring division budgets as assigned.
- Assist in conducting annual operational planning (prioritization, implementation and evaluation) in areas such as facilities, computer technology, equipment, etc.
- Develop projects, grants, and corporate partnerships to aid in program updates, modifications, and new program development.
4. Assist with overall division management.
- Assist in the continuous monitoring and improvement of division productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production, numbers served, cost effectiveness, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads, class sizes, program inquiries and applications, graduate and placement data (monitor by overall division and by program).
- Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate division faculty and staff as assigned.
- Ensure that continuous improvement efforts are implemented in the division through well-managed and well-documented projects.
- Assist in developing, monitoring, and using balanced scorecard measures at the division level.
- Provide leadership to functional and cross-functional teams as assigned within the division.
- Serve as a member of the Health Division Leadership Team to facilitate communications and coordinate division operations.
Secondary Job Functions
Serve as a division liaison to Student Services regarding program admissions, enrollment, and graduation, involving department chairs and faculty as appropriate.
Implement and support academic advising of program students.
Address student issues as appropriate.
Provide direction for the development and maintenance of active advisory committees for assigned programs, addressing district policy requirements.
Develop and maintain community linkages appropriate to the role of associate dean.
Participate on institutional committees, projects, task forces, etc. as appropriate.
Promote involvement of students and staff in co-curricular student organizations.