Essential Job Functions:
1. Actively serve as FVTC linkage to businesses, governmentals, community agencies and educational institutions in the region.
Determine programing and training needs in region through advisory committees, contact with community leaders, environmental scanning of the region, focus groups, and surveys.
Provide direction for the development of active, involved advisory committees.
Collaborate with Business and Industry Services and instructional divisions to develop/provide for business’ contract services in region.
Serve as regional liaison for K-12 programming (e.g., Transcripted Credit, Youth Options, and Youth Apprenticeship in collaboration with K-12 Partnerships and instructional divisions. Actively work with instructional areas to convey the K-12 demand and work to translate into class offerings.
Serve as an FVTC representative to regional community-based organizations and/or activities in order to advance the mission of the College.
Identify barriers to completion of credentials and actionable approaches to reduce or eliminate the barriers.
Celebrate student successes to encourage more students to start or persist in their education.
2. Coordinate instructional programming and curriculum.
3. Facilitate regional business and operational planning.
4. Manage regional operations.
Continuously monitor regional productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production by aid code, numbers served, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads and class sizes.
- Plan and implement promotional strategies for regional offerings and services that result in enrollments.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by setting targets and monitoring customer service metrics to provide primary coverage at the regional center, but overflow or backup support from other FVTC teams in a seamless manner.
- Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate regional center staff.
- Develop, prioritize, manage and monitor regional center budget.
- Oversee regional registration process and collection of monies for course registration.
- Ensure that contracted cleaning and maintenance-related services are completed to FVTC standards and that equipment is operational.
- Arrange for rental of classrooms in region as needed to meet the needs of communities.
Secondary Job Functions:
Address student issues as appropriate.
- Participate on institutional committees, cross-functional teams, projects, task forces, etc.
- Promote involvement of students and staff in co-curricular student organizations.